Super simple, 3-ingredient watermelon slushie with coconut milk as well as lime juice. The perfect energizing, normally sweetened summer treat!
- 1 tiny seedless watermelon, cubed
- 4 mugs icy watermelon (- 3/4 of 1 tiny seedless watermelon)
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/ 3 mug (80 ml) light coconut milk
- 1/ 2 mug (120 ml) watermelon juice (plus more to ease mixing)
- Optional: 1 Tbsp sweetener of option (such as maple syrup or honey if not vegan)
- Optional: Pinch sea salt
- Halve 1 little, ripe, seedless watermelon and scoop out rounded Tablespoon amounts (or cube with a blade) and arrange on a parchment-lined baking cover. Freeze till company – concerning 3-4 hours.
- In the meanwhile, cut in half an additional tiny seedless watermelon and include the fruit (leaving the skin behind) to a blender or food processor. Mix above, including a touch of water if required (I didn’t), up until totally smooth and pureed.
- OPTIONAL: Curtain a huge, slim recipe towel over a blending dish and also pour over juice. Compile edges, lift up as well as squeeze the juice out leaving the pulp behind – there shouldn’t be considerably, but this makes the juice extra smooth. Transfer to a mason container, cover, as well as refrigerate – should keep for 3-4 days, or more.
- Once watermelon is frozen, include – 4 cups frozen watermelon (I discovered this was concerning three-quarters of one little watermelon), coconut milk, lime juice, and also watermelon juice to a blender and mix on low up until velvety as well as smooth. You will certainly have to scratch down the sides and also mix on reduced to encourage it along. If it has trouble blending, include a little bit a lot more watermelon juice, but not way too much or it will certainly become too thin.
- Once the slushie is blended and also smooth, preference and also readjust taste as required. Include a lot more coconut milk for creaminess, lime for illumination, a pinch of salt to enhance sweet taste, or 1 Tbsp sweetener of choice to sweeten. Mix and sample once again – repeat as needed.
- Serve in empty watermelon rinds or cooled serving glasses and garnish with a lime wedge.
- This dish serves 2 generously. Finest when fresh! SUGGESTION: Freeze leftovers into popsicle molds.